June 15, 2015

PERSONAL: VALENTINE'S DAY IN JOSHUA TREE




January + February were wild months for us. At the end of January, we moved out of our newlywed apartment, and just a few short weeks later, I started my first teaching job. So, when Valentine's Day aligned with a three-day weekend, we seized the opportunity to escape for a little adventure. It had been a while since we had last been to Joshua Tree, and despite busy crowds, we packed our gear and drove out to the desert. It was magical. 

Joshua Tree holds a special place in my heart. It is simply magic, and I can't find any other way to describe it. The boulders, the yucca trees, that lovely desert light. It's quiet and disconnected and almost other-worldly - there is simply nothing like it. On our trip, we also ran into a sweet German couple who reminded me so fondly of my adventurous grandparents. We spent an evening around the fire listening to their story as they travel from South America to Alaska. It was inspiring and heartwarming. Weekends like this are treasures for our marriage, and I can't wait for the travels we have planned this summer! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment